Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Writing 3 Final Grades -- General Comments


Greetings!

With one exception, I have sent out the grades for the papers and the Writing 3 class.  As you can see from the page of notes, I divided the scoring into sections:  Final Paper, Presentation; Class Participation; and Intermediate Assignments.  The rubric attached to you earlier e-mail explains the scoring for the individual papers.  If you've had other classes from me, you'll know that I tend to be an easy grader and put a lot more emphasis on the process.  Percentages and grades are only one small indicator of a students academic progress.  Please contact me if you have any questions.


I'm so proud of the work that the students did for this class.  Even though it was after lunch, they stayed engaged with our grammar discussions, explanations about the process for the paper, and SAT writing exercises.  They all confessed to doing a bit of procrastinating; nevertheless, it is obvious that they worked hard and were diligent students.

I must say that I'm sad that this class has come to an end. Weekly, I looked forward to this class and the opportunity to engage this group in thoughtful discussions. I've had a majority of these students in other classes, and it has been a pleasure to watch them grow to be skilled and talented writers.  I feel that as a students (and as a teacher) we've accomplished good things!

God's best to all of you -- keep up the good work!
Mrs. Prichard

PS.  I still have room in the British Lit class and would love to have any of these bright students join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment