Friday, September 20, 2013

Writing 3 Class Notes -- Week 4 (September 19)

Greetings!

We had another great day in class.  I really enjoy this class of students because they engage so well with the discussions.  Again this week, we strategized how to answer the writing prompts for the ACT and SAT writing portions.  Next week I'll have them divide into groups and work through one of the questions without me.

We took a look at the process of writing this longer research paper using a timeline that I've come up with.  Last week we had discussed the importance of making a plan, being aware of the steps, and gauging the time.  I've attached the timeline.  

We didn't take a long time to discuss the topic of taking notes, so I would like the students to read the section for Week 4 (also attached)

Assignments for Next Week:
--  Read the handout for Week 4
--  Begin your research and note-taking

Have a great week,
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment