Friday, August 4, 2017

Welcome to Writing 3, 2017

Greetings Parents!

Registrations are coming in, and Kim Nelson has sent out updated class rosters to the tutors.  I'm excited to see this class fill up with familiar and new faces. For those who are new to my classes, I will use e-mails and this blog, Writing 3,  to keep parents and students informed and connected.  If you are curious about the class, feel free to peruse past blog posts, especially the Weekly Class Notes.


No book purchases are required for this class.  I have writing handbooks/manuals for the students to use for the semester that will help them with the format for their papers.  Your supply fee for the class is to cover the multitude of handouts that I have for them that will guide them through the writing process.

The only items your student needs to bring to class, along with some paper and a pen/pencil, is a notebook or folder to keep track of assignments, handouts, worksheets, and class notes.  In the past, I've used Dropbox as storage for handouts for the class.  This year I am using Google Docs.  Shortly, you will receive an invitation to join the shared Google Docs folder with all of the study guides, handouts, worksheets, etc.

I also use My GradeBook, an online gradebook, for keeping track of assignments and grades.  You will be getting a link to that account also. 

Looking forward to the Fall classes!
Tammy Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment