Thursday, December 17, 2020

Writing 3 Class Notes -- Week 15 (December 17)


 Greetings!


We had a marvelously full day today.  I always feel so proud of my students on our presentation days.  They have worked hard on their research papers, and listening to them talk about aspects of their topics allows the rest of the class to appreciate their hard work. 
Another aspect of the presentations is that the students are able to give visual images for the information that they had been putting into words.  Whether it's the animals of the national forests, bridges and buildings, or paintings by Degas, these items provide broader representations of their topics.

Today we heard about the Dutch language, Degas and Impressionism, technology's benefits and pitfalls, cultural differences in architecture, the national parks, and the history of the piano.  We had some technical difficulties for one of the slide presentations, but other than that, the students were wonderful!

Now, all that's left to do is get the final drafts in. As I told them last week, I will take any work (except rough drafts) until Sunday at 5:00 p.m. 

I would love to get everything graded and have grades out before Christmas, but that might happen.  I have final drafts from all three classes, so the whole process might take a little longer.  I will send electronic copies of my notes and rubrics, but if a student wants the physical copy, he/she should let me know.  It could be picked up at CHAT in January, or I could mail it.

This class has been a pleasure.  May all of the students have a well-deserved rest!
Blessings,
Mrs. Prichard

Links for this week
(Note:  I've included links to the slide presentations.)
Class Notes
History of the Piano (Abby Kate)
Technology (Will)
National Parks (Isaac)
Architecture (Jacob)
Dutch Language (Laura)
Degas (Katie)
Low Cost Weddings (Annika)
Trafficked (Dellia)
Chemical Warfare (Lilly)

No comments:

Post a Comment