Thursday, December 16, 2021

Writing 3 Class Notes -- Week 15 (December 16)

 Greetings!


We had a marvelously full day today.  Most of the class was there early at 8:30 so that we could get all of the presentations in.

I always feel so proud of my students on our presentation days.  They have worked hard on their research papers, and listening to them talk about aspects of their topics allows the rest of the class to appreciate their hard work.  Another aspect of the presentations is that the students are able to give visual images for the information that they had been putting into words.  Whether it's maps, charts, videos, etc.  these items provide broader representations of their topics.  They also all did especially well with the question and answer section.  As their classmates asked questions, they skillfully contributed more information, showing just how well they knew their topics.  

For those who are interested, I've posted 3 Google Classroom materials posts with the slide shows for the presentations.  A couple of students have video presentations that will also be posted on Google Classroom when they are turned in.

Now, all that's left to do is get the final drafts in. As I told them last week, I will take any work (except rough drafts) until Sunday at 11:59 p.m.   

I would love to get everything graded and have grades out before Christmas, but that might not happen.  I have final drafts from all three classes, so the whole process might take a little longer.  When I am done, I will have paper copies with notes to give to them; these can be picked up at CHAT in January.  I can also scan and send the papers digitally.

This class has been a pleasure.  May all of the students have a well-deserved rest!
Blessings,
Mrs. Prichard

Links for this Week:
Writing 3 Class Notes -- Week 15 (December 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment